How Much China Should I Rent?
How much china should I rent?
Below is a general guideline based on our experience over the years. We make the assumption that you will not want or have the time to wash plates during your event. Actual counts will vary based on the menu and final recommendations from your caterer.
- 3 Appetizer plates per person
- 2 1/2 dinner plates per person allows for everyone to have seconds with a clean plate each time and accounts for those who either want thirds or use a separate plate for their bread and salad.
- 2 appetizer plates per person allows for each guest to have seconds. Many people will use their same plate for appetizers during the cocktail hour if they are walking and standing as opposed to a sit down cocktail hour
- 1 1/2 dessert plates per person. Most guests will not have seconds for dessert but you need extra to account for the few that will.
If the tables are pre-set for a sit down dinner than you can order to the exact number of guests. However about 20% extra should be ordered to account for any forgotten guests that will be eating such as photographer, videographer, band/DJ, etc.
How much flatware should I rent?
For a buffet dinner, it is customary to rent 2 times the number of guests for dinner forks, dinner knives and appetizer/salad forks. For dessert forks, 1 1/2 per person will suffice.
Other flatware is as follows:
- Steak Knives: Exact number of guests plus 10%
- Teaspoons: Exact number of guests as not everyone will drink coffee
- Soup Spoons:1 1/2 per person